A TPO roof membrane does not contain plasticizers or flame retardants that contain halogen, which results in a very high resistance to UV radiation and ozone. In addition, it is resistant to fungi, algae and chemicals. TPO membranes are also available in light colors, which ensure better protection against UV radiation and weather.
However, all these advantages do not mean that this type of roofing material does not need maintenance. According respected flat roofing Atlanta contractor, periodic maintenance is a must, in order to enjoy these benefits for as long as possible, and it refers, most often, to cleaning and checking up the roof.
TPO membrane cleaning tips:
- Protect any area on the roof where water could enter when using pressurized water.
- Protect plants and exterior facades from the roof cleaning solution that might end up on them.
- Sweep the roof of leaves and twigs.
- Use low pressure water to clean and rinse the top layer of dust and dirt
- Use a soft brush or a soft floor mop with a cleaning solution consisting of warm water and a mild, non-abrasive and environmentally friendly detergent.
- Rinse the roof thoroughly.
- Inspect the membrane and make sure that no damage has occurred; any defects must be repaired as soon as possible by an Atlanta commercial roofer
Your local flat roofing Atlanta contractor can take care of all maintenance aspects and ensure your TPO roof is kept in tip-top shape.